Saturday, March 16, 2013

Reupholster Project - Part 9


After finishing the top, we started on the bottom today. We sanded down the front feet, and got paint-remover for the round back feet (sanding was impossible due to the shape). After cleaning them and dusting them off we applied the primer. I hope we can finish them tomorrow so we can finish the chair!


This is the paint remover, don't think I'm just painting over the old paint.



After our painting escapade we stapled the bottom parts and a new dust cover to the chair.




And finally, I wanted to show you what we used to fill up the arm rests and the seat (the part under the removable cushion). Yes, those are oven hood filters! They were the only thing we had handy and they are pretty practical to work with. 




No comments: