Big shock, no floor! In order to get a new floor in we had to get rid of the old one (neatly stacked in the barn) and do some more work. To have space for insulation and for a firm underground (that not being sand) we had to dig out 20 cm. Just to give you an idea of the amount of work: the room is 40 m2, we had to dig out a minimum of 20 cm, that equals about 8 m3 of sand we had to displace. We managed to do it in two days! Oh, and we got rid of the fire place, it was a couple of centimetres too small for the Stove.
Just for laughs, this is the 11 m3 container we hired after two days of digging. This would never have been possible without the enormous efforts from Tom’s dad!